Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 2006 Cerato 1.5 CRDI. I haved some minor problems (irregular cold idle, lack of force when start on cold time, white smoke on start, lot of smoke when powerful accelerating...). But recently i start to have check engine light (depollution). It cames during one or two days and then gone. I buyed a ELM327 OBDII diag and with torque software i can see the stored code error is P1117. What means this code in Kia engines?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I precise that lost of force at cold time start arrive only one time in ten. When this arrive engine start easily but when started there is no power at all. I need to wait one or two minutes with engine turned on before i go. Sometime restartnig engine immediatly after first start solve the problem.

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
Heated Oxygen Sensor (Bank 1 Sensor 1) Heater Circuit Low Input.

This is the only information I can find regarding P1117. It's related to the O2 sensors, which can mess with a LOT on gas engines. We don't have much in the way of Diesel engines over here, so can't say what happens when it's going bad (maybe what you describe??)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your help rattsdam. I know there is one oxygen sensor on the exhaust. Does it mean bank1 sensor1? Or there is another sensor somewhere else?

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
Thank you for your help rattsdam. I know there is one oxygen sensor on the exhaust. Does it mean bank1 sensor1? Or there is another sensor somewhere else?
We don't have diesel powered Spectras here in the US. The code is generic, so it should be the first one on the first bank (single exhaust, it'll only be single bank), but that should help track things down unless someone can be more specific with firsthand knowledge of the diesel setup.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got the workshop manual and here is what i find:

P1113 - VGT Vaccum Modulator Short Circuit
P1114 - VGT Vaccum Modulator Open Circuit
P1117 - VGT Vaccum Modulator Range/Performance

it seems that the problem is relied to variable geometry turbo. There is a VGT control valve that may be in fault. Someone know something about this problem on diesel engines? What it meens Range/Performance?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts