Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having trouble with my 2000 kia sephia. For the past few months car will run and shift fine. Then while driving down the road Overdrive will fall out and it gives me a p0758 and a p0763. At this point it will start out in 1st gear and then shift strait to 3rd and wont shift into 4th. I can take my genisys and clear the codes adn they will stay off for a few weeks then come back and do the same. Any suggestions? I dont care to replace some soliniods if I knew which one(s) to replace. They are pricey.
Thanks

·
Registered
08 Sonata LTD 3.3, 10 Dodge 1500 Hemi, 95 Taurus GL, 09 Sonata GLS 2.4
479 Posts
Both codes are open or shorted solenoid control circuits. P0758 implies solenoid "B" , P0763 refers to solenoid "C". Faulty solenoids can generate the error, but so can open circuitry (broken wire) to the TCM and/or a bad ground connector. Go to http://www.kiatechinfo.com to look up the codes and display all possible solutions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your link takes you to a snap on web page that cost severe amount of money. That doesn't help anyone in this forum. Try helping someone for once without trying to make a dime.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My issue is i have code po758 and do i changed transmission to a new one. I still have po758 code and it still goes into fail safe mode. What should i check next.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts