Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 kia rio, has rough idle, hesitation, code p0304. swapped coil pack, spark plugs , wires, injector, checked compression, injector signal. has a ticking noise on top of head like lifter around cylinder 4, any help appreciated. thanks. eddie...

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
are you sure the wiies and plugs are good yes i guess you did the right things? I had a p01166 and p0304 it turned out my 2nd cat was blocked after it was all said and done. connectors ok on the coil pack? other than that clean your IAC valve with carb cleaner and check the hose from the PCV to the intake other than that sound,s like a lifter problem good luck with it Reguard's Ronjohn also i seem to rember a post about an intake gasket leak causing a similar issue check the post's here

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ronjohn, I removed the spark plugs again and rechecked compression, cyl.4 would only go barely past 100, while ohers past 175. used shop air in cyl.4 and seems to be going out the exhaust, with valves closed of course. removed head and valves and sure enough both exhaust valves are slightly bent, will order them and have head surfaced and hopefully put it back together by this week. so i believe the noise came from the valves rather the lifters, since lifters are not movable parts. will post back outcome. thanks again.

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
Eddie76, good time to put new timming belt stuff while your at it if it hasn't been done. I wonder how just #4 valves were bad Reguard's Ronjohn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts