Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been reading through the manual a bit and I’ve got to this part about the 4 wheel drive system. Mines is an XE, so part time with a 4x2HI, 4x4HI, and 4x4LO selector knob. This part of the manual talks about warning lights, but this part says that of both lights come on it indicates a problem, but it doesn’t say whether this is when the 4 wheel drive system is engaged or not. Just wondering if someone can shed some light

cheers

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
746 Posts
As I read it....if the lights blink off and on you have an issue, when in either mode.

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,836 Posts
Don't remember much about XE (it's been a while) but the blinking indicates a problem. As it indicates they come on when first turning the ignition on. If there is an issue (ignition on diagnostics) they will blink. The blinking can be seen as like morse code (actually it's binary) indicating the possible error. There are lists in the dealers documentation to decode. (Similarly if an issue is detected when using.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts