Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sportage LX v-6
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help with the owner loyalty program. I bought a sportage a few years ago for my daughter(bought and registered in my name) while she was in college now she is out and working and wants a new car so she goes to dealer and they tell her yes then they ask for the registration and say its not in your name so you do not qualify. Normally I would let it go but we are talking $ 1250.. Am I wrong ?? should she get this.. please only fact based answers for now... Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
You bought the first car, your daughter plans to buy the next one. We both think that this shows loyalty, but the dealer has another opinion. There's no legal basis for the loyalty discount, so the dealer has decided to screw you on the price. $1250 is within the normal "bargaining zone" so the best you can do is make an offer, or find another dealer.

We have loyalty discounts for multiple policies with the same insurance company, but my son doesn't qualify for a discount because the company won't lump his policy with my other policies. Same deal as your daughter. I nearly missed out myself on one occasion because an insurance agency spelled my name incorrectly and the discount wasn't automatically applied.

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,971 Posts
only registered owner is entitled to receive the loyalty incentive but you might consider co-registering with your daughter on the new vehicle and thus receive the loyalty money! ;) or you can get it from the horses mouth call KIA

800 - 333 - 4KIA (4542)

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,971 Posts
another option would be to add her to the current registration as a owner if you can and you should be able to get the loyalty bonus money.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sportage LX v-6
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
agree with all said. My issue is they had to find the car she wanted and that took about 5 days of which she was back and forth to dealer many times she made it clear that car was in my name. Then when she went in to sign papers they asked for registration and the salesman said ... i just realized the cars in your fathers name and you dont qualify for loyalty, had we known I could have cosigned or gone to motor vehicle and transferred car to her for $ 100 buck to get 1200 loyalty.. I am going there after work to talk to sales manager they need to show me some loyalty or I can get the car anywhere..Its not my loyalty thats in question..

Wry 'Cuda you saying $ 1250 of sticker??

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Wry 'Cuda you saying $1250 off sticker??
Yes, I have negotiated more than that off some cars. The dealers have more to play with than buyers think. There are also incentives offered in this neck of the woods like: "Minimum trade of $2000 on your old car". End-of-Year sales have large discounts as well.

No idea what the business practices are like in US, but I've seen some contributors to the KIA forum bragging about not paying sticker price.

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,971 Posts
JP3 i would do the same thing see the sales mgr show me some loyalty or i will go elsewhere and get some loyalty.:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts