Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Kia Sephia LS and I've brought my car in to have it checked for the overheating and shaking. A couple of things were replaced and the car seemed to work better but the temperature gauge still says my car is overheating. It doesn't take my car that long to reach the 'Hot' area (say about 3 minutes to 10 minutes sometimes). I'm unsure if this could be a radiator problem or maybe something else? Tomorrow I'm going to check to see if I have antifreeze at the right level and if there are any leaks or not.

My car shakes when I go to stop or slow down. It's as if the whole front of my car shakes and the RPMs drop incredibly low and sometimes my car dies. It wasn't as bad during the winter but my car still overheated and shook like crazy when I go to stop. In the past few months, my car seems to be getting worse with the overheating and shaking problem. When I had brought it in originally for this problem, they drove it around and didn't find anything. I told them that they have to drive around for a while and at speeds 45mph or so and try to stop at a light. They said they did but, I sort of doubt it because everyone that's been in my car while I drove has seen what I'm talking about. The KIA experts have no idea what it is and I'd love to fix my poor car.

Any suggestions or help tips are welcomed. I'm not as skilled with cars and most people I talk to don't know a whole lot about KIAs. Thanks! ^^

·
Registered
two 96 Kia Sephias, 1987 Subaru Hatchback,2004 Dodge SRT-4,2004 Dodge Neon,2004 Ford F-150,1986 Ford
95 Posts
Aux FW

If all else fails check your auxiaurilly(I don't know if this is spell right) fan switch, it's located by the upper radiator hose. Just take off the wire and remove the switch with 12 or 14 mm socket. Install the new one in reverse order. This switch keeps the engine cool when it hits a certain temp so it won't over heat. That will kick on the fan to start cooling it back to a normal temp. Good Luck........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts