Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I decided to join this forums because I figured there shouuld be a lot of people that know about the KIA cars and all that fun stuff. I'm a 20 year old college student who drives a **drum roll** 1995 KIA Sephia LS! I've had the car for almost three years now and I love it despite our minor differences!

The only thing wrong with my car so far is that it overheats and wants to stall all the time (it's a 5 speed by the way). I need to see if it's either the radiator or some sort of antifreeze thing going on. I'd hate to get rid of my car. I really think I'm the only person that I've seen with my car so I feel special haha.

One thing that DID happen is that my emblem was stolen. I had one of the 'rising sun' styled emblems (it's curvy on the top and says KIA). I've been trying to find the same emblem for a while now but only come up with the newer ones. It's frustrating! Poor car! Even on some of the other 95 Kias I've seen they have the newer emblems. I find this really odd.

Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself! I really don't see anything wrong with KIA even though everybody puts them down. Hey, it's better than driving a riced out Honda everywhere!

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can start flushing the radiator first, It has a buterfly looking bolt at right button side, unscrew it (Use a can or box to pick water) and use a hose to fill the radiator until you see "clear" water going out. Re-fill with coolant 50/50.
If that does not work try changing the thermostat. it is located INSIDE the inlet of the upper radiator hoose, Just take a look at it, it has 2 screw and a gasket, you can do that your self. Same process backwards and use small qty of black silicon....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts