Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
07' Sedona, 10' Forte Sed. SX
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks.....a little help needed here!!! I have a 2005 EX with the luxury Pkg. When you opt for this it comes with the auto climate control unit which is very nice.....but...I'm just really used to having the outside (ambient) temperature readout from the overhead unit. Particularly in freezing weather, I like to know when conditions are changing. The auto climate unit moves this readout down to it's own readout. ( Very hard to see) And it flips back to the usual readout very quickly. Any way to enable this feature from the overhead unit again??? The guts to it must be there, probably another connection or a way to change this back......??? Thoughts...???

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would like to do the same, but I found out that the multimeter(overhead display) in the 2 models have different part nos (ie with or w/o temp display) so you would need a new multimeter £300+ and you would need another ambiant air temp sensor £25 and have to wire the 2 together. I settled for a top of dash mounted meter that displays internal/external temp, battery volts and is an electronic compass as well ( new £4 at a boot sale), still looking for another way of doing it and am considering fitting a frost alert using the unused "snow"warning light in the dash.

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts