Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car is a 2000 model carnival has anyone had trouble with their carnival over revving. i have had my car now for 5 years and have had this trouble checked out by kia only to say they cant find anything wrong but every year my car goes into over drive and whether it is warm or cold it revs to high...lucky its not an auto or i wouldnt be here....also my car is meant to have the platnum spark plugs that are not meant to need replacing for at least 5 years but have had to replace the leads at least twice a year for the last 3 years an no body knows why.... has any body else had these problems

·
Registered
391 Posts
Originally posted by trina@Sep 9 2005, 12:35 PM
my car is a 2000 model carnival has anyone had trouble with their carnival over revving. i have had my car now for 5 years and have had this trouble checked out by kia only to say they cant find anything wrong but every year my car goes into over drive and whether it is warm or cold it revs to high...lucky its not an auto or i wouldnt be here....also my car is meant to have the platnum spark plugs that are not meant to need replacing for at least 5 years but have had to replace the leads at least twice a year for the last 3 years an no body knows why.... has any body else had these problems

I am no mechanic but, what do the spark plugs look like? are they coked up?

perhaps your engine breather is blocked, causing oil to burn which will make it erractic, eg slugish until the oil gets hot enough then a sudden burst of power for a few seconds. I had something similar with my golf. although I also had other signs for example little oil leaks through gaskets where the pressure was too high.

I would assume you should be able to tell by looking in the engine breather pipe to see if it looks like muddy oil. and make sure you give it a good oil change new filters and get a new breather fitted.

just my tuppenth

1 - 2 of 2 Posts