Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm new in this forum. Recommended by a friend to seek help from this forum.
I own Rio 1.3(A) 2002 model, purchased in January 2002.
The problem is my car got over heated (indicator goes up till red line) especially during traffic jam and in town driving condition (when you often stop and go, stop and go). But, when it come back to normal driving condition (speed constantly on 80kmh and over) it will goes back to normal temperature. One more thing when the problem happened the aircond will also goes off.
I'm worry to continue driving with this situation, I think its only the matter of time the temperature will reach the highest temperature and spoil the engine.
Could someone help me!!

Really need helps
Acopriio

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,128 Posts
maybe the thermastat went?? is the cooling fan turning on?

·
Registered
14 Posts
1)Check whether the radiator fan running or not when the engine is fully warm up
2)Check if the separate a/c fan is running when the a/c is on
3)Check if the coolant level is normal

If all above is OK, I guess it might be due to the mechanical thermostat that opens up the valve to let in the water into the engine water jacket is faulty when the engine is fully warmed up.

Hope it helps!
Cheers
Chester

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the suggestion and I'll try to do so.
I also feel that something went wrong at the cooling fan or a/c fan. But just want to ask if there is something to do with the fan belting system,b'coz I haven't changed my fan belts since I bought it. And now sometimes it gives a weird sound esp. during first start up in morning.

really appreciate any opinion

Acoprio

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got stuck in a traffic jam just after turning off the expressway, I heard a "gurgling" sound coming from the outside of the car, I thought it may have been someone elses hi-fi... next I saw some steam and immediately realised the engine was overheating and switched the engine off....

Luckily the car was travelling downhill and could coast running only on hazard warning lights and at the bottom of the hill, I was able to push the car around the corner to the petrol station without disrupting any traffic at all!

The Kia Radiator Fan has sheared off the bearings... if your car engine overheats, check that the radiator fan is turning properly AND please make sure you have enough coolant in your car (a spare bottle of water in the car boot is always useful!)

Prognosis... will probably need a complete new radiator fan (since when do dealers ever sell just the blades of a fan!) The car is waiting downstairs to be fixed...

Sigh!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts