Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Cee'd VR-7
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Kia Ceed is now almost a year old and has developed a fault with the outside temperature guage in that it always reads a temp as 30c (If only in our current weather!).
It will be fixed next month when the car goes in for it's first service. I thought other owners might like to know that the dealer advised me that this fault has been highlighted by Kia UK to all their Dealerships as it is happening to many cars in the current Ceed range.

·
Registered
943 Posts
There was a manufacturing fault in the wiring to the sensor on some cars, mine was checked at its first service, (and was OK). I believe the fault was at the point where the loom divides to the two temperature sensors behind the radiator grille.

·
Registered
Cee'd VR-7
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was a manufacturing fault in the wiring to the sensor on some cars, mine was checked at its first service, (and was OK). I believe the fault was at the point where the loom divides to the two temperature sensors behind the radiator grille.
Thanks for the info.... What always amazes me is how things like this keep on happening (with all manufacturers). I guess it's all similar to Microsoft Windows... Bit like a water bucket sold with various reoccurring holes that have to be filled (monthly) :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts