Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, it's below zero here in Montréal (minus 12 right now) but the computer on my Rio have been displaying minus 10C or 14F for almost 30 minutes. Could it be that it cannot display temperature below -10C or 14F? Not sure about that but I think I read something about the computer not being able to display minus XX number and over XX number on the Net some months ago. Some hints?
Thanks. R.:confused:

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,805 Posts
I guess it froze. :D

No, really, it should read from -40C to 50C, at least.

I have no idea why it is stuck. Although 30 minutes is not too long for a temp change. Besides, it is not so accurate, so give it some time.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,527 Posts
why do you think there is a problem, its quite possible that temperature has not changed in 30 minutes, I've seen the outside thermometer on my front porch not change for a whole day, so why should it be much different on a car.
I find my auto temperature very accurate. Also its possible where its located that you could have frozen ice on it, you never know,

It's been -7 here all day.

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
why do you think there is a problem, its quite possible that temperature has not changed in 30 minutes, I've seen the outside thermometer on my front porch not change for a whole day, so why should it be much different on a car.
I find my auto temperature very accurate. Also its possible where its located that you could have frozen ice on it, you never know,

It's been -7 here all day.
I don't imply there's a problem. I was merely sharing thoughts. I don't know about the accuracy of my auto temperature since it's going to be its first winter. There was no frozen ice on "it" being the car I guess. BTW, where is located the sensor for the outside temperature?

·
Registered
2012 Black Kia Rio5 SX w/ Nav, 2005 Honda Odyssey EX
190 Posts
I have not noticed that. But in my SX there's a button on the outside of the door to lock/unlock and the one on the passenger side was getting stuck a bit. So, that could be a problem in very cold temperatures, especially the passenger side since it does not get as much use as the driver side. I guess only time will tell.

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean. I think mine was stuck at 12C most of the day today.:p

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,527 Posts
I've just checked mine and its showing -3C on the gauge and my house thermometer on my front porch is showing -4C and that's not in the same location or at the same height as the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts