Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sorento LX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my son went to open the door and the whole assembly came right off. Aynone else had any issues like this? Less than 2 yrs old, nice quality.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,720 Posts
Your son broke off a piece plastic, if thats the only problem you have, you are doing GREAT!! Take your car to Kia and have them order you a new handle under warranty. That is IF your under 60,000 miles.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento LX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow that's some sensitive plastic. ;) Ya, I've already put a call in. There have a been a couple other minor quality issues but nothing substantial so far (22K miles).

·
Registered
SORENTO 2012 V6 EX AWD SUNROOF MOONROOF
116 Posts
So my son went to open the door and the whole assembly came right off. Aynone else had any issues like this? Less than 2 yrs old, nice quality.
That brings back memories, I can remember doing the same, I pulled off the handle on my friends brand new mercedes benz, he was nice about it, but I could see he was pissed, well I was literally pissed.

It can happen if ones a little too eager.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX AWD V6 5 Pass, 2001 BMW 740 iL
21 Posts
On my 2011, I had a problem where I suddenly could not open the passenger side rear door from the outside. Happened last summer. No snap, no resistance, nothing. Worked fine one time, wouldn't open the next. Fortunately, it was repalced under warranty, but for the two weeks that it took for the part to come in, it was a real pain. Inside handle continued to function throughout this time.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SX Regency Red, 2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2011 Toyota Hiace
584 Posts
Would need a tough tug to pull that out eh? Glad it's covered by warranty.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have replaced plenty on door handles on Sorentos. It is a common problem but I havent seen one in a while. It is a an easy fix. just have to get it ordered so they can get the handle color matched.

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
814 Posts
Hey, kia 'tec', how many handles? Do you work at a dealer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
This just happened to my wife's 2012 Sorento. Right rear door handle completely popped off. All she did was try to open the door. There is a small plastic (cheap) piece to the left of the handle that broke off, allowing the entire handle to come off. The piece is very cheap plastic - disappointed at the build quality to say the least. Have an appointment later in the week to have it looked at.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My right rear doorhandle has been sticking and they lubed it once a few months ago, but it's back to sticking again - I wonder if it's a sign of things to come (i.e. fall off)?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts