Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 5 EX
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the manual, it says that the indicator light on the button will not illuminate when the outside(fresh) air position is selected. However, when i press that lever the indicator light turns on. It only turns off when I press on the other levers (e.g. A/C, Recirculation, etc). Is the manual wrong?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 5 EX
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When set to max a/c the recirculate air option will be automatically chosen. Its indicator light will turn on.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
When set to max a/c the recirculate air option will be automatically chosen. Its indicator light will turn on.
that's correct, does the same on my Soul. That's so it can get the inside temperature cool as quickly as possible (or heat if in winter), by recirculating the inside air, once its done that switch it off so that outside (fresh) air will be drawn in.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 5 EX
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Conclusion - the manual is wrong. It does illuminate when the fresh air intake is selected.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
the diagram shows it lit (4/85) but the directions says its off. It only makes sense a button would light when activated so you know its functioning, otherwise there is no point having a light on the button.

You should contact KIA Canada and point this out to them - they have a toll-free number, or post on their Facebook page, I'm sure they would appreciate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts