Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento 2016
48 Posts
I heard one from my dealer.
He said we don't know what the problem is but the factory is working on it.
He said another lady was having the same problem with her car.
When the service area was full of people I told him that was the biggest line of bull I have ever heard.
I said I was born at night but not last night.
They then said to leave the car overnight.
It was fixed in the morning and no charge.
I wonder if they called the other lady to fix her car????????? lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wouldn't consider my recent experience a war story. I spent about 5 hours there but we all decided on a price that I felt was more than fair. Buying at a dealership is still one of the few places left that allows you to barter for price. Of course you also need to educate yourself as to what they can come down to. Sometimes customers can go in thinking of a number that is just not going to be possible.

It's a business and they are in it to make money. They aren't going to sell you a car in order to take a loss. What would be the point?

When I had my most recent negotiations, we we're close to the number I knew we could get to but still a bit off. I kept a cool head and just told them, "I think I need to go over this at home for a couple days".

They didn't want me to walk out that door and I knew it. There were two other Mazda dealerships within a 20 mile radius. When I said I was going to head out, the sales manager came over and flat out asked me "ok, what do you want it for"? I told him my price (which I knew was reasonable) and he said "OK, it's yours". I didn't want to start at my number because I feel we would have just gone back and forth over a number that would have been higher. I would have given them ammunition for them to say "that's too low". You have to play the game.

Everyone was happy and I drove off the lot with my new car. We all kept a level head the whole time, nothing got nasty, and I got a great deal on the car I wanted.

·
Registered
Sportage LX AWD 2014, Forte LX+ 2014
617 Posts
The only times I'd go to a dealer would be to buy a new car, get warranty work done if I have reasons to think they can fix things and to buy OEM part I cannot find elsewhere or cheaper.
End of story.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts