Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
kia soul ls 2012
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was going to have my soul serviced @ 6 monthly intervals by the distributer i bought from but discovered [i had to ask] the fixed price service only covers the annual or 15/30/45/60 and 75k services [ not as one would expect a 6 monthly service schedule as well]
so now I'm thinking about getting all my services done outside of the dealership with the $ saved not only paying for an alternative annual motoring roadside assistance package KIA would provide free in return for for having their dealers do the service but also a couple of tanks of petrol as well
the dealer loses the chance to sell me extras /accessories and loses the turnover/revenue pluss any good will.. and i lose confidence in KIA themselves
i have been guaranteed only genuine KIA replacement parts will be used that my warranty will be intact and that the complimentary wash and vacuum offered by the dealership will also be provided by the alternative fixed price organization
AM I MISSING SOME THING HERE ?

·
Registered
Soul Plus 2012
49 Posts
Hi, I will be going to a local mechanic who has been in business for 20 years and I have used him to do my HANDBOOK servicing on prior vehicles [saved heaps, also used genuine parts]
I have had the Soul 12 months [still under 3000kls] and into the dealer twice, the events camera mounted in the car runs continuously and it picked up on the 1st major service the car was on the hoist for 1 hour then taken for a 300 metre test drive and re parked, prior to it been put on the hoist it spent many hours in the parking lot, I was stunned at the cost and the attitude of the persons in the service dept.
My concerns are for the future of the Soul in Australia, Kia do not advertise this unit, very few are on the road, and very few are advertised for sale. ARE there spare parts, panels etc available, and if the worst was to happen and KIA Australia decided there was no future for the Soul here in AUS. WHAT THEN? Regards Peter

·
Registered
kia soul ls 2012
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
[ well i went non dealer service @ $160 using genuine spare parts for the 15 k service but done at 7500 KS
the dealer couldn't guarantee a price for a 6 month service but the15000 K service quote was $262 .
when the 15000 K service is due i still have the option of getting it done at a dealership but Ive already saved $100 so why not save that again ?
i have also received quotes/guidelines for the ongoing service costs for30000 K 45000K and 60000K all at considerable savings compared to the dealer
I'm thinking 6 moth services from outside dealership and 12 month service from dealership
will advise

1 - 3 of 3 Posts