Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Kia Rio
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Please feel free to surf or link this valuable forum with us in Singapore. Our forum is SG Kia Club

You may want to find out more about the Kia scene over here in Singapore and our neighbouring country of Malaysia. See ya! :D We could collaborate lots of ideas together! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Kia lovers in Singapore!
Sorry to start with a problem. I have a 1998 Kia sportage which i bought from a friend about a year ago.Since last two days it has been giving me starting problem.Sometime it starts and at times it does'nt. I called a mechanic who diagnosed the problem as defective microswitch for the gear drive. The car has automatic transmission. At times, starting can be achieved by pushing the transmission lever forward of the Parking position. Mechanic advised me to try starting keeping the lever in Neutral position. Mechanic says the switch need to be changed and the bad news is it is not available in Brunei.We have only one dealer here which is 120 kms from the town i live! and that dealer says it may take about two months to get the switch. I dont have any spare parts code book for the car so i cannot exactly name the part or its part number.
I hope some one can advise me if the diagnosis of the mechanic is right and secondly provide me address of KIA sportage 1998 spare parts dealer. I would be ever grateful if anyone can go a step further and check with KIA dealer in Singapore the availability of this part. If it is i would be ordering it through courier service.
Once my problem is solved i shall be able to communicate with you folks with peace of mind.
Azwar
[email protected]

·
Registered
2004 Kia Rio
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dear Azwar, we've got abundance of Kia spareparts here in SG. We've got stockists and agents which sell the original Kia items from Korea. Since I don't drive an auto, I'm not very sure about your problem. Perhaps my pal, Aziz (notnosman) might be able to assist you. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts