Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Kia 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel and 2013 Rio 3 door SLS
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally made it . . . pix up of my wife's new pride and joy.
Rio SLS 6 speed auto in Rich Caramel (that's what the call it here!), with dealer supplied dash mat, floor mats and OEM mud flaps (so small to be useless but quite cute). Have also added 35% window tint all around. That's it for now . . . while she's looking, anyway!
I quite enjoy stepping from the Sportage into this for the occassional hot lap to the shop and back. Haven't been on a "trip" yet, but planning a weekend getaway sometime in the new year.
Enjoy . . .

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS
95 Posts
Very very nice :D
Rich Caramel was my first colour choice but they told me I would be waiting a really really long time to get one in a manual. Luckily my second choice only took 3 weeks.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SI 1.6L Auto
20 Posts
Very nice Car.

Same colour as our SI Rio. Congrats on the purchase

I hope you you get a lot of joy from it. The Rio range has very good fuel economy

Kiwalian

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
very nice, sure like that colour, wish they had offered that in the Soul.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wife didn't like the color initially . . . then after staring at it while we went through the negotiation it grew on her. Went back a couple of times to look at it in different lighting and she decided she like it after all!
Your comments since posting have convinced her it was the right choice - she loves it! Prefers it to her previous car (Subaru Impreza RS).

Happy wife, happy life :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally found out (couple of weeks ago!) what was causing the exhaust "drone" the wife was reporting. I had experienced it too, but didn't give it much thought until I heard her drive off to work one morning.
Checked around under the bonnet and found the airbox was unclipped. Drone was induction noise and had obviously been overlooked during the pre-delivery check. NOT happy and let the service department know on my last Sportage visit. This means the Rio has been sucking dirty air for over 1000 km! Have insisted they include a note on her service record just in case it becomes an issue further down the track.
All nice and quiet now - the car, that is!

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
ours can drone a little at certain revs under load, never did it for the first few thousand km, up to 10,000 in fact. I'll have a look at the airbox tonight, didn't notice anything last time i looked though

as long as your air filter was still in place then it shouldn't have sucked in anything detrimental

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as long as your air filter was still in place then it shouldn't have sucked in anything detrimental
Filter was in it's correct place, but the top cap of air box was adrift and was therefore bypassing the filter and just sucking air from the engine bay.
As I said: NOT happy:mad:. That sort of thing is what we paid our outrageous "pre-delivery inspection" fee for. Still waiting to hear what sort of "sorry sir" package they might be prepared to offer.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS
95 Posts
Hmmm can't say I would be very impressed to find something not right under the bonnet either.
I was the same as OzSLS, I found a lot of stickers and plastic throughout the car that weren't removed before delivery. Plastic slips on the seat belts etc.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just back from holidays and during the post holiday clean I picked up a couple of "issues" on the Sportage - see Sportage forum.
Kia dealer more than obliging to fix - no questions asked. Pays to build up a good relationship with your Service Manager when you want rapid no-fuss responses to your queries and complaints. No "I know my rights, Kia is at fault, blah, blah, blah." Just keeping it civil seems to be what breaks down walls - at my dealer, anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts