Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010+ XM Sorento Platnium, Titanium Silver
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to get their hands on a genuine sat nav for a 2011+ model and install in their Sorento? I am not keen in getting a dodgy Chinese clone that runs WinCE. wonder why KIA is not trying to make a mozzarella on selling OEM units?

·
Registered
Sorento SX-V6 AWD
411 Posts
I bought one on ebay and sold it the same place. Way too much work to install, it requires additional wires that aren't present in the non-nav unit vehicle, and requires the OEM amp as it uses canbus controls for volume and some other things. I ended up putting in a pioneer x930Bt and love it. I did try one of those cheap chinese direct fit units first, that never even made it into the vehicle the quality and software was so bad.

·
Registered
2010+ XM Sorento Platnium, Titanium Silver
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought one on ebay and sold it the same place. Way too much work to install, it requires additional wires that aren't present in the non-nav unit vehicle, and requires the OEM amp as it uses canbus controls for volume and some other things. I ended up putting in a pioneer x930Bt and love it. I did try one of those cheap chinese direct fit units first, that never even made it into the vehicle the quality and software was so bad.
Thnaks but :(

Do you have a pic of how your pioneer looks in your vehicle?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts