Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio 1.2 ISG LX 5D
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Cee'd SW from Kia dealership but I really wish I purchased the Sportage. For the price of a Cee'd EX with upgraded alloys I can get a Sportage LX. I am also willing to pay the extra and order the EX instead.

The Cee'd was already in transit on boat and delivery is 6 weeks.

I signed the order sheet /contract and the vehicle was on finance.

I am going to speak with the Sales person on Monday to see if I can change. I know that its my responsibility and basically I should just suck it up and that it will be extra paperwork for the Sales Person.

My question is that can official Kia dealerships cancel orders and order a different car with no problems or would they have to commit to the order and try to sell it to someone else before it arrives.

Can one normally pay some kind of penalty admin fee to change vehicle?

Thanks.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
I signed the order sheet /contract and the vehicle was on finance.
They've got you by the nuts. No doubt anything is possible, but whatever they come up with there are bound to be "problems" that will only be solved by charging you more. What does the contract say?

I note that the Ceed and Sportage are somewhat different types of vehicle.

·
Registered
2013 Rio 1.2 ISG LX 5D
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did everything totally wrong which is totally my fault and I am not blaming anyone other than myself. Firstly the contract was in Finnish and English is my native language. My wife had to do the translating in the dealership. I should have asked for it in English or at least taken it away for scrutinizing.

I have paid no money up front and my car is going to be used as a deposit.

I was planning on being honest and upfront to the Sales person and I don't see it as a problem because he will still be making a sale and getting his commission. Admittedly I have caused him extra paperwork.

·
Registered
2013 Rio 1.2 ISG LX 5D
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Salesman from Kia Dealership was awesome. He had no problems changing the vehicle without penalty and was very understanding.

He let me take a Sportage EX for an hour's test drive and I was sold.

Ordered a black EX model :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts