Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just placed order for new LX in Black with red trim for my Fiance :)

Paying £6k with car mats included - struck a deal :p

Due to arrive 23rd December :D

UK car specs - CD/MP3 player, Aircon, electric windows and side mirrors, 4 speakers.

I'm a 3½ year Carens LX driver and was pleasantly surprised with the Picanto's handling and nippy drive. You really have to push it like mad to get it to lose traction and it stops very quickly....I pity the person behind a Picanto if the Picanto has to do an emergency stop! :lol: :rolleyes: I'm also 6ft tall and with the driver seat set up for me to drive I can still get in the seat behind the driver :eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Murphwiz@Dec 12 2004, 07:21 PM
Welcome, sounds like you got a great deal there!
Whats that, £330 off?? thats pretty good for a picanto.

OTR price is £6245 plus £45 for mats so I got £290 discount....couldn't push them to full tank of fuel though :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
sweet! i got mine for £6k as well, couldn't get mats or fuel out of my dealer though! i've got a black lx too, it's great. The traction in them is top, just don't try going round a bend that's more than about 60degrees on a greasy road surface, it slips quite badly ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had a lot of problems with the Picanto just 36 hours old :( Basically it died doing 60 mph along the M62 on Christmas eve, much to the annoyance of my partner :angry:

We called out the KIAassist RAC and they couldn't get it going again :blink:

A week later after much effort to try and get the car from the storage compound to our dealer (that's a long story) they told us the ECU unit was malfunctioning and needed to be replaced, a long 4+ hour strip down and rebuild of the car... I having paid cash for the car wasn't happy, even less happy when they told us that the part would take 5 weeks to get to them. This would mean the car was 6-7 weeks old before we got it back, plus it would have been stripped down, depreciated, etc, etc...

Anyway the outcome was after we stood our ground, with the help of the manager our most sympathetic Kia dealer, we got a brand new Black Picanto LX with half a tank of petrol and the car mats we originally agreed to within the deal.

The new car is great, it drives fantastic and my partner couldn't be happier with it.

If I didn't love the versatility, etc of my Carens I'd probably trade mine in for one too :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
:) congratulation, you have got your sweet picanto @ last, i hope your fiance isnt upset from what happened of delay & problems, the most important thing is that you have a new good one now :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts