Kia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Miami, Florida and have the optional running boards that came from factory on my 2021 Sorento. I removed them with only 500 miles on the car. My wife and I are tall and do not need them. I will trade for the standard side molding that is on a standard 2021 Kia Sorento. I have the facilities at home to do the swap and am willing to do so for no charge. All owner would have to do is bring the car to our home and wait while we remove their side molding and put on our running boards. That way we are sure that all of the necessary parts are included in the swap. Please pm me for details. I have more pictures I can share. Thank you.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tire

Plant Vehicle Tire Wheel Car

Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come on guys... Nobody wants these beautiful, new, installed boards on your Sorento? My better half is griping about the exposed nut plate holes left on the car when the boards got removed.

I cannot believe nobody wants this factory option. Maybe readers believe I am some slicky boy that is trying to snooker you. Not really. I got snookered by Miami Lakes Kia into taking a car that had an option I did not want. Now, all I want to do is ... take it off!

I already did, but now there are nut plate holes in my new car. What a POS. If anyone is interested, you can go to my original post in this forum:

Such a deal, I may even spring for lunch.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
469 Posts
Come on guys... Nobody wants these beautiful, new, installed boards on your Sorento? My better half is griping about the exposed nut plate holes left on the car when the boards got removed.

I cannot believe nobody wants this factory option. Maybe readers believe I am some slicky boy that is trying to snooker you. Not really. I got snookered by Miami Lakes Kia into taking a car that had an option I did not want. Now, all I want to do is ... take it off!

I already did, but now there are nut plate holes in my new car. What a POS. If anyone is interested, you can go to my original post in this forum:

Such a deal, I may even spring for lunch.
Ive directed a couple Facebook users your way who were looking for them, but I think it’s difficult to find someone in your area, or willing to travel to do this. It’s well worth it! $800+ for them aftermarket.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thank you for the bump
C-Trink
I'd Walk a Mile for a Camel
... I am dating myself... that is an old quote for how far some people would go for a Camel ziggy!
Anyway, I have been known to go much further for something worthwhile. I always prefer factory vs. aftermarket, yet you are right... someone like me at one extreme of the USA, may have trouble finding a swap. Either way, I would hate to just chuck these knowing that someone is willing to shell out big $$$ for them, just to throw theirs away. I will keep looking. Again, thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its a thought, mine are already off. Boston would be "cool" but I am in the middle of reading a book called "Dark Tide", its all about how in 1919 a 2 million+ gallon tank of molasses burst in Boston harbor and drowned a bunch of Bostonians. Lets check on freight, and maybe give it a go? long pieces though.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
469 Posts
Drive on up to Boston and maybe we can make it happen. I swear the weather is fine!

Seriously though, maybe swapping via USPS is an option? I'd consider it
Good work and I hope you guys can get it figured out!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Beautiful town you live in. My family and I took many a vacation there. Maybe if we did it again? or you decided to venture South?
The steps are pretty and are basically new as I took them off with about 500 miles on them.
A few weeks ago, I saw a new Sorento in my rear view mirror coming up on me fast. When it passed me (I was doing about 75), I saw it did not have the optional steps, so I gave chase, to make my pitch... well it was for naught, as she was still pulling away from me and I was doing over 105... Maybe she was in a hurry, maybe she thought I was a perv? either way, I let her go.
Anyway, they are available and if another member and I get together, we will both go away happy.
Be safe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts