Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping this group can help me out. I have had less than favorable results finding performance mode for my 2004 Optima LX V6. kfxperformance.com has VERY FEW options for the Optima short of a supercharger. Why can't I find a CAI for the Optima? Does anyone make a chip for the car? Who does a decent aftermarket exhaust system?
I have surprised many people with the stock configuration of this car, but I realize the potential that lies within. Through some research I have done, it appears that the Optima LX V6 is the same engine they have stuffed in the Hyundai Tiburon GT V6. I do not know if parts are interchangeable between the engines. It would go a long way toward getting my love to where I want it to be.
Any assistance would be most welcome and thank you!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1fastkia,

Thank you for your response, but I have been all thru that web site before joining and posting here.

They still do not offer a Cold Air Intake for my Optima. I am not at the point of dropping 5k on a Supercharger, but maybe the Intake Manifold by this summer.

Do you know where I can find a CAI for my Optima?

Thanks for your time!

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Original intake box seems to draw colder air pointing down. Now with the CAI, lesser air restriction from the open pod. But isn't it sucking the hot engine compartment air instead? Also, unlike original plastic air-duct, the metallic duct will soon becomes as hot as the engine part, pre-heating the intake air.

Originally posted by 1fastkia@Feb 5 2005, 06:38 AM
This is the best i can find

this is a honda civic intake cut to fit the optima. can be done easily. cost like 50 bucks for ciivic intake (92-00 civic) hope this helps ya.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts