Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!

I'm new to the forum.. this is my first post.

My Optima is super.. except for one thing! The remote key, I have one with 3 buttons integrated into the head of the key. It is not a separate key FOB. It has begun to disintergrate (the rubber buttons) and I've already lost the use of the 'lock' button. My dealer wants USD 90 to get me a new key but all I need is the cover for my key head.. anybody know s where I can get a cheap key or a cover?

Oh.. and also, my car does not arm itself when I lock it anymore. The alarm does not work either. But this has nothing to do with the remote key because the remote functions all work fine.. anybody else had this same problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by pradeep@Sep 30 2004, 02:41 AM
Hi Guys!

I'm new to the forum.. this is my first post.

My Optima is super.. except for one thing! The remote key, I have one with 3 buttons integrated into the head of the key. It is not a separate key FOB. It has begun to disintergrate (the rubber buttons) and I've already lost the use of the 'lock' button. My dealer wants USD 90 to get me a new key but all I need is the cover for my key head.. anybody know s where I can get a cheap key or a cover?

Oh.. and also, my car does not arm itself when I lock it anymore. The alarm does not work either. But this has nothing to do with the remote key because the remote functions all work fine.. anybody else had this same problem?

I cant help you with the Key head, but with your alarm not arming, I may have an easy fix.

Unfortunatly a few months ago, I hit someone who ran a stop sign, and caused enough damage that the hood and passanger side fender had to be replaced. When I got the car back from the body shop, I noticed that my head lights would no longer blink once when locking the doors (like it is supposed to).

I tool my car to the local Kia dealer to have it looked at, and they replaced a few parts (dont remember the exact names), and it still wouldnt work. After having my car in the shop 6 times for this issue, they noticed that the little rubber bumper that screws into the front passanger side of the hood was missing. This little bumber is what contacts the plunger, and tells the computer the hood is closed. With this bumper missing, the computer would think the hood was open, and refused to arm the alarm (even though the rest of the remote functions worked fine).

So, check to see if that bumper is in place, as they can fall off. Hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts