Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( POWER LOCKING PROBLEMS - option 2002
The car sounded like it unlocked when I push the auto button opn my key, but when I pulled the handle, it locked back up. After several attempts of locking and unlocking, I used the key in the driver's door and it sounded like all doors unlocked. I was able to open the back door, but not the driver's (no alarm went off). I crawled through my car to the front to drive home.
When I got home, I couldn't get out. Scary that I couldn't even get the door to unlock from the inside, and set off the alarm several times trying. Tried several things while inside (pushing fob buttons, trying manual latch on door, etc). Crawled to the back and could open back door.
Tried several things while on the outside of the car and set off the alarm a couple of more times.

1. Did I push waaayy too many things trying to get things to work and the system just needs to reset itself? Will it do it after a time or is there something I can do to reset.
2. If there isn't, can I disconnect the alarm and power locks and just use the key to lock/unlock until I can get the car serviced? I can't get to a shop for a couple of days and it looks so uncool to crawl over my seats.

Thanks for any help/insight you all can give (and I'm sure my neighbors appreciate the help in keeping my alarm silent). Judy

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
A cars electrical system is not my specialty but I can give you an idea.
Unhook your battery for a couple of minutes......it might reset itself. Good luck and if that doesnt work you should definatly contact your dealer.

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
fastkia just informed me that you need a drivers side latch assembly and that it is a common problem on Optimas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts