Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima 2.4L
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2018 Optima with 2.4L engine new in March 2018. The vehicle now has 12,800 miles on it. I've recently noticed that upon low speed acceleration, with or without A/C on, the car pings. I only use top tier 87 octane fuel and a Lucas additive to help keep the injectors clean. The oil/filter are faithfully changed every 3,000 miles and I use full synthetic Valvoline oil and OEM filter. As stated the car has less than 13,000 miles so there shouldn't be any excessive carbon buildup on the back sides of the valves. Also once a week I have to do some interstate driving so I perform an Italian tune up when merging onto the interstate. The computer has thrown no codes.

Could this be LSPI, too lean air/fuel mix, incorrect ignition timing, mass air flow, bad knock sensor.....?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,204 Posts
I purchased a 2018 Optima with 2.4L engine new in March 2018. The vehicle now has 12,800 miles on it. I've recently noticed that upon low speed acceleration, with or without A/C on, the car pings. I only use top tier 87 octane fuel and a Lucas additive to help keep the injectors clean. The oil/filter are faithfully changed every 3,000 miles and I use full synthetic Valvoline oil and OEM filter. As stated the car has less than 13,000 miles so there shouldn't be any excessive carbon buildup on the back sides of the valves. Also once a week I have to do some interstate driving so I perform an Italian tune up when merging onto the interstate. The computer has thrown no codes.

Could this be LSPI, too lean air/fuel mix, incorrect ignition timing, mass air flow, bad knock sensor.....?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts