Kia Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I have begun having issues with my 2016 Kia Optima's headlights. I typically use my headlights on the auto feature, recently when on auto the lights will go off I will see the dash menu come up, the lights go to off and then several seconds later they will come back on. I am unsure if when I move the switch if that's bringing them back on or if they are on their own. As when this is happening I am typically on a highway at anywhere between 65-75mph and freaking out scared when it happens. I originally thought it was tied to my using my turn signal to merge onto a highway so I would gingerly use the stalk to use turn signals. The last time it did it however I merged using signals no issue, and it was approx. 5-7 seconds later and the lights went out. I no longer am driving this vehicle to and from work as my commute home is always in the dark. I am going to have my husband trial having the lights in the one position and see if this helps. I have found other forums where people have had this issue and taken to the dealer and the dealer was not able to help as this is intermittent and they couldn't get the issue to happen for them. I was wondering if anyone here has had this happened and what did you do?
My dealer I bought this care from has given me many issues in past about fixing things on this vehicle as I have an extended bumper to bumper warranty I took out when purchasing the car. I am trying to gather info before presenting to them initially. I really want to find a fix for this vs. trading in my vehicle over this issue!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts