Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else out there having trouble with their Optima pulling to the right? Have had the Kia dealer rotate the tires, set to specs the toe in, toe out. Had Discount tire switch the tires from right to left and still has the problem. Kia dealer to take in car on Wednesday to try to find the problem....

·
Registered
2005 Kia Magentis
67 Posts
Yeah I have a Magentis 2005 with only 2000km on it, and I have the same problem. I brought it to the dealership 3 times for that problem and they told me the alignement was right on and it was a problem with the tyres and there was nothing they could do about it............

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MAD, I took the Optima to the dealer today and they determined that the right front calipher is seizing up, causing excessive brake pad wear and rotor wear. I was given a car to drive home and the parts were ordered. They were not available in the State of Florida so they ordered them to be shipped overnight. Will pick up the Optima tomorrow and hopefully the problem will be solved. The ironic part of the whole thing is that the Optima that Enterprise delivered to me to drive had the same problem of pulling right also. :p Will let you know how it turns out so you can decide what to do about your vehicle.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Magentis
67 Posts
Thanks for the info, I will be mentioning that to my dealer... It makes sense, because it's not the alignement and sometimes it pulls more then others....

I'll also let you know what's going on once I talk with them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a good idea for you to print the responses out and show it to the Service Director at the dealership to show him that Kia has this problem that needs to be solved in procuring parts for their manufacturing. Prior to our buying the Optima, we drove a Spectra that had the same problem, so it is not limited to Optima only. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:lol: Now the rest of the story....My bride and I went back to the dealership yesterday and the service director met us with great news. After they replaced the right front calipher, they inspected the left one as well and found that that one had a seal that was beginning to seep fluid so they replaced the calipher as well on that side. We drove home smiling that the problem had been fixed. We had prayed that God would give wisdom to the ones working on our Optima to find the problem and fix it and He answered our prayer. Praise His Holy Name!!! I found out something yesterday from the service director that I did not know. When a customer receives a survey from Kia there are only 2 ratings that you can give, a l0 or a 9. Should you answer any question of the l0 questions with a 9, the dealership will fail the test and go against the dealership in the CSI rating. I told this service director that he and the service dept would get a l0 across the board and he had a great big smile on his face and thanked me for it. They went the extra mile and inspected and replaced the other one. :lol:

·
Registered
2005 Kia Magentis
67 Posts
I brought my car in again for that pulling to the right problem. A mechanic took my car for a ride with me. He said it wasn't the calliper. There is no brake dust on my wheels. He said it was the alignement. They dont have the machine to do alignement at my kia dealer, it was the next door dodge dealer that did it. He said that the ppl and machine that did it obviously can't aligned the car right, so they are gonna get me to get an alignement somewhere else and they will pay for it. So I still have to wait and see......

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
According to the Dealer, there is no alignment on this vehicle, there is only a toe in or a toe out that any shop, even the dealer can handle. Suggest you go to a full service dealer for Kia and let them look at it, even the caliphars. :)

·
Registered
2005 Kia Magentis
67 Posts
Well I finally got my car pulling to the right problem fix.

It was still pulling to the right after getting it aligned at another garage. They even said it was really messed up, that's weird when the other garage said it was perfect twice! So there was a problem somewhere else. They then crossed the tires in the front for a second time, after that it was driving much better, but still not perfect. Even the steering wheel would shake at lower speeds. So my dealer send me off to a tire expert to get the 2 wheels balanced. Finally it drives perfect, so much more fun to drive!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats MAD on the fix....makes driving a pleasure huh? I forgot to mention in my posts that my front tires were switched again after the caliphers were replaced and I have no more pulling. Sure is good to keep persisting, things get done!!!! :clap:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts