Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is $35,500 a good deal for an EX Luxury w/o Nav (after taxes and such) ?
It's my first car so I'm a little lost... Dealer said that's the best i can do.

I'm in the greater toronto area.

·
Registered
2012 Optima EX+, Pearl White with all black interior
18 Posts
I think you can do better. I would email every dealership in the GTA to get their best out the door price, and negotiate via email. I'm doing it right now, and it's working very well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been trying but some don't reply and others just say "Come down to our dealership so we can chat!" Jeez. lol

·
Registered
2012 Optima EX+, Pearl White with all black interior
18 Posts
Try Orangeville Kia. The guy there has been very communicative over email. But if you do, please have the intent to buy from him, because he will try very hard to accommodate you and I'd hate to see him get screwed because you just used him to leverage your purchase with another dealership. Good luck!

·
Registered
Accord, stick
206 Posts
Try Orangeville Kia. The guy there has been very communicative over email. But if you do, please have the intent to buy from him, because he will try very hard to accommodate you and I'd hate to see him get screwed because you just used him to leverage your purchase with another dealership. Good luck!
Hmmm... Isn't that what YOU did (as per your message in other tread) - used one dealership against other?

I find dealing by e-mail not so productive and as 'zayyx23' said they WANT you to come to dealership so they can apply intimidating tactics. You stated you are not good with dealing with dealers face to face but THEY are. And people get intimidated if they have to say 'no'.

Buying a car is VERY frustrating; I am sick that after test drive I have to SIT and chat with the salesperson then I have to chat with the sales manager and sometimes to be thanked by general manager, etc. even if I CLEARLY state I just want to do only test drive since I consider multiple cars. And if I do not follow the script then they think I am a jerk or whatever and I basically close the door of that dealership forever.

So, do your research, do not show you desperately want THAT car, have reasonable price in your mind and STICK with it. It is simple as that; I want to pay 32,000 for that car; I will hand you a cheque NOW; Yes or No? Do not go 1000 times to consult with your boss; bring boss here; No - OK thanks for your time; there are many other dealerships around... Have a nice day.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
Is $35,500 a good deal for an EX Luxury w/o Nav (after taxes and such) ?
It's my first car so I'm a little lost... Dealer said that's the best i can do.

I'm in the greater toronto area.
All inclusive it sounds fairly reasonable, did you check the KIA Canada website with the build and showing any incentives on that model?

Also you could spend $40 with Car Cost Canada which will give you dealer cost any special incentives and give you a guide to work with. I've used it for my last two car purchases and worked well for me.

However, I have only dealt with one dealer in both cases and because I did my homework and know what to expect. Sometimes it has to be a little give and take so you have to be flexible.
I had my previous vehicle service at my local dealer for four years and he's always treated me fairly and provided good service. He give me top dollar on my trade and also went to a great deal of trouble to obtain the model and colour we wanted (he wasn't expecting the colour we wanted for his stock for another 4-6 weeks) which he did by obtaining it from another dealer outside of Montreal and had it trucked in on a car trailer (so no extra km on it - 9 km when I picked it up) which involved a 10 hour round trip for the driver.

The car was immaculate when we picked it up (spent 30-45 minutes checking everything over thoroughly) 5 days after making the deal. I also get free lifetime oil changes (as long as I service at their dealership) which is no problem as I was going to do it anyway. Just did my first regular scheduled service (6 months) and it cost me nothing.

I've sold cars and RV's in the past and know what its like to be on the other side too, if you treat them properly in most cases they will do the same, remember they have to make a living too. :) Also the lowest price is not always the best deal.

·
Registered
civic
42 Posts
Well to give you an Idea I paid 35,100 total (taxes/fees/freight) @ 0%. This included clear bra & remote starter. Got the deal in Ottawa, but I live on the other side of the river (Quebec) so I paid Quebec taxes which are a little over 1% than ontario.

Note: This is going off Car Cost Canada msrp (I added about 150) and that they had the promo we pay your car for 3 months that they had. Which ended up them taking an additional 1200$ off my purchase. I did not qualify for any additional rebates thogh like the competitor bonus (500$)

Basically I went in, new what price I was going for. The guy took the car cost paper, said o.k tell us what you want to give in comission, and we went from there. Took 40 minutes for deal to be signed.

So check the different dealers. First place I went to, which was close to home, told me they don't deal. Salesman said, that they sell well off the lot, so we do negotiate on price. I said o.k, good for you I'll go somewhere else, and lol I did.

·
Registered
civic
42 Posts
+1

Thats one thing I wanted to note, Its not worth haggling the price and getting a place that is a little cheaper but crappy service. So if this salesman is being very accomadative. Its worth the extra 100-200$. Not if your looking at $500+ but you get the idea.

But also check what reviews the dealer has, if they are affliated with the BBB, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts