Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Optima seems to have an abundance of creaks and various noises coming from the car. It's REALLY starting to get on my nerves now. I've taken it to the dealer twice so far, and they haven't been really able to fix is. They fixed the creaking and the rattling coming from the rear deck for while, but it came back. 2nd time nothing seemed to have been fixed, despite leaving my car there for the entire day.

Basically, I'm wondering if any other Optima owners are experiencing these noises, and if so, what have you done to try and fix it. Any help would be appreciated. I really do like the car, and it's only 4 months old, so I'm planning on having it for a while.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm. I might just have to take it to another dealer then. Hopefully they will be able to help me out. Thanks for the replies =).

·
Registered
51 Posts
This car is only noisy during hard acceleration or above 150kph. I got some squaeking sound when clearing hump after upgrading my rear speaker.

Goodness - it was caused by the mechanic who removed the rear seat for access and did not put back the little cushion pad on the hooks behind the rear seat. Not sure if that's the cause for you.

"My Optima seems to have an abundance of creaks and various noises coming from the car. It's REALLY starting to get on my nerves now. I've taken it to the dealer twice so far, and they haven't been really able to fix is. They fixed the creaking and the rattling coming from the rear deck for while, but it came back. 2nd time nothing seemed to have been fixed, despite leaving my car there for the entire day.

Basically, I'm wondering if any other Optima owners are experiencing these noises, and if so, what have you done to try and fix it. Any help would be appreciated. I really do like the car, and it's only 4 months old, so I'm planning on having it for a while."

·
Registered
2007 Optima, 2007 Sorento
716 Posts
My '02 LXV6 rides rattle free and is a delight for being solidly quiet. I heard from a friend who has a rattle coming from the back and it was determined to be the rubber cushion that surrounds the rear lid. It was replaced, no rattle now he says.
I read some place that this has been an issue with some moldings.

·
Registered
7 Posts
my '01 Optima is very noisy in the rear end. I thought it my have been worn tires but replaced those and it is definitly in the wheels. I also have the bushing problem but it only squeaks when I have a full tank of gas and 4 people in car.

I will have my mechanic consider repacking the wheel bearings for starters and check the bushings around the struts. Not sure if something may be causing my tires to cup or wear funny even though they are fairly new.

Anyone else have the "the free massage" thing going ?

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,979 Posts
Lately, I've been hearing a slight rattle in the dash when accelerating from 0-20MPH (first to second gear) it's near the radio, but I can not pin point it.. newayz, just wanted to share my experience.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Aldodad, I have a 2001 Magentis LX with squeak from the right rear. Dealer says its the bushing in the wheel support bar that attaches to the chassis. I have lubed it with everything I can think of but it still squeaks if I sit on the trunk lip and bounce. I'm hoping with warmer weather (Ottawa Cdn) the bushing might swell or seat properly. Let me know if you have had any luck.

John

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
12 Posts
My 04 Optima EX 4cyl just started rattling on the passenger front door a few weeks ago. It started as only rattling when the passenger seat was empty, but now I'm noticing it even when there is a person in the seat. The noise stops when the car is idle, and only seems to rattle on bumpy roads. I don't know if that helps, but I'm planning on asking them to check it out at my next oil change in a month or so.

Other than that I love how quiet my Optima is, especially when I compare to other vehicles' highway noise :)

·
Registered
2002 Kia Magentis
219 Posts
Originally posted by cahrichak@Apr 6 2006, 11:55 AM
My 04 Optima EX 4cyl just started rattling on the passenger front door a few weeks ago. It started as only rattling when the passenger seat was empty, but now I'm noticing it even when there is a person in the seat. The noise stops when the car is idle, and only seems to rattle on bumpy roads. I don't know if that helps, but I'm planning on asking them to check it out at my next oil change in a month or so.

Other than that I love how quiet my Optima is, especially when I compare to other vehicles' highway noise :)
Sometimes its the seatbelt buckle slapping against the pillar(when its not in use) happened to me once.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
12 Posts
canakia:

I've tried everything I can think of to stop the noise... I think it's coming from the map-pouch on the door?? Quite strange lol

Thanks for the suggestion though :)

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,979 Posts
Originally posted by cahrichak@Apr 6 2006, 03:30 PM
canakia:

I've tried everything I can think of to stop the noise... I think it's coming from the map-pouch on the door?? Quite strange lol

Thanks for the suggestion though :)
Yeah, I get that too.. but then again I DO have a flashlight in it! LMAO! :grin:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts