Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,
My first post here on these forums.
On the verge of becoming a proud owner of a used 2004 Optima LX with about 11K miles on it. No additional options.
Buying price of $9500

Need inputs from you on the price. Do you think this is a good deal or a mediocre one ?

Please let me know your opinions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
I think its a pretty good deal. I have a 04 Optima LX and I bought it new. The window sitcker was 16,300. So 11k miles for $9500 is good.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
Originally posted by thecompdude@Jul 21 2005, 12:16 AM
Hello Folks,
On the verge of becoming a proud owner of a used 2004 Optima LX with about 11K miles on it. No additional options.
Buying price of $9500

Need inputs from you on the price. Do you think this is a good deal or a mediocre one ?

Thanks!
First off Welcome to KIA-forums.com! :57:

As for the purchase, it's a GREAT deal! I bought my '04 LX used with 28K Miles for $9999 (and that's WITH a $1000 OFF) so again, GREAT DEAL! :thumbsup:
I bought mine KNOWING that it was a good car, especially since I work for Enterprise Rent-A-Car and I can drive any/all the cars on the lot (well used to - now I work on the weekends.. )

OH btw, if anyone's thinking about getting the Amanti.. it's a NICE car! really! :grin:

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Black Optima's are nice. Mine is silver. You can shampoo the mat and probably get almost all of the stain out.
I have had my Optima for a year now and it has 9k miles on it. What a great car. I have had no problems with it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
And I've had mine for about 2 months and now I believe we've put just about 5,000 Miles on it.. wow! That's alot! :p
<thinks> got it used with 28,000 miles on it and now it has a bit over 33,500 miles on it.. man we drive to much! :grin:

Nah! You can NEVER drive too much!! :57:

·
Registered
134 Posts
compdude....an 04 will 11K for under $10,000........pat yourself on the back YOU GOT A STEAL !!!!!! :beer: go and celebrate ..you got a gem of a car for a great price....so now you have saved enough so that you can sh**can the floor mats and splurge on some new ones :57: ...take care of this car and you should get lots of good miles............rayray............PS...hummmmmmm BLACK????? you got your work cut out for you... :bwekk:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please don't buy any Kia car. I purchased my 2002 optima on 5/02. I have regretted it every day. I am now around 80,000 miles and am growing weary of discovering new things failing that should lasted longer than they should. They are just inferior cars. Kia is notorious for having under-educated technicians. So don't count on anyone with any technical aptitude whatsoever to be able to fix your timing belt when it fails at 12,000 miles, or when your insturment cluster lights and clock flash rapidly on and off your dash for no apparent reason. And don't listen to these goofballs on this site pumping you up. There probably the same folks who TRY to work on these things during the day at a Kia dealership and then get home and can't even open a can of green beans! And If you bought your car, congratulations on your poor investment. I guess the Honda or Pre-Owned Audi lots were closed up when you went on your car hunt. I see "rayray" above me with his comment. In his smileyfaces and emoticons he needs to replace those beer mugs with wrenches. Cause thats what your gonna need shortly after you buy that heap! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
I have had no issues with my Optima. I have two co-workers that drive Optimas too and they have had no issues with them either. Quite a few members that are Opitma owners on this site like there Optimas as well due to no issues with them. And no there actually arnt that many Kia Techs on this site so if your going to make comments like that you better be ready to back them up with some facts. One more thing. I dont regret buying my Optima and I will use as many smiley faces as I want. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
2007 Optima, 2007 Sorento
714 Posts
Rember d_rundle, you were the only person responsible for buying your Kia Optima in the first place. Most of Optima owners love our Kias. Just because you didn't do your own homework before buying a car, just doesn't mean we haven't. Did you buy the right car for the right driving needs? I am sorry your Optima has had a lot of problems. My '02 is excellent and still looks and drives like new. The dealership I go to is well staffed with good techs. Never an issue with anything.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Magentis
45 Posts
Originally posted by thecompdude@Jul 20 2005, 11:16 PM
Hello Folks,
Buying price of $9500

Thanks!

IT WAS a REALLY GOOD price!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts