Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 KIA optima
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2005 optima that was manufactured in WHASUNG, SOUTH KOREA. it is very hard to find correct parts for this car. first off i'm trying to figure out what transmission fluid it takes to do a flush, next I'm looking for an online complete service manual (Free is preferred). I need the torque specs for the valve covers and The oil pan. i need the torque specs well on most of the engine. We are having problems with the Drive side door not opening after you unlock it. (this happened sporadically) it got to a point one time years ago that the door would not open at all. i pulled the handle out and if i'm remembering correctly there was a bushing that was worn away, Is there a fix for this issue recurring? i have a ton of questions TBH . but this is by far the best vehicle my wife have ever owned in our 20 years together. we love this car and would love to keep it running to factory specs. We have not had to replace the first major component. So a complete service manual would be the best help i could receive at this time

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Sedan Auto 1.6 Turbo 2020 Sportage LX FWD
314 Posts
I have a 2005 optima that was manufactured in WHASUNG, SOUTH KOREA. it is very hard to find correct parts for this car. first off i'm trying to figure out what transmission fluid it takes to do a flush, next I'm looking for an online complete service manual (Free is preferred). I need the torque specs for the valve covers and The oil pan. i need the torque specs well on most of the engine. We are having problems with the Drive side door not opening after you unlock it. (this happened sporadically) it got to a point one time years ago that the door would not open at all. i pulled the handle out and if i'm remembering correctly there was a bushing that was worn away, Is there a fix for this issue recurring? i have a ton of questions TBH . but this is by far the best vehicle my wife have ever owned in our 20 years together. we love this car and would love to keep it running to factory specs. We have not had to replace the first major component. So a complete service manual would be the best help i could receive at this time
Strangly I can find a manual for the first gen and third gen optima but not your second gen. MAybe you can let us know what engine yours has and we can get you a service manual of the same engine, for trq specs. About the doors, there are several threads on this forum about other models having the same issue, maybe you can check there for help (can think of a recent rio and sprotage thread)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts