Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sorento EX
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if the SX model has other windows that are One touch up / down? I have a 2011 EX and only my driver side window has the One touch feature.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento EX
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK Thanks - I was hoping maybe the SX had other windows that were One touch so I could mod mine LOL

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
that would have been nice indeed

whenever i drive like to feel the wind on my hair

so i always open all the windows and roof

so everytime i start the car, i have to do a weird 3 finger salute on passenger side and both back windows, and the annoying part is, i need to lock my fingers in place for a good 2~3 sec until all 3 windows are down

·
Registered
2011 Sorento EX
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that would have been nice indeed

whenever i drive like to feel the wind on my hair

so i always open all the windows and roof

so everytime i start the car, i have to do a weird 3 finger salute on passenger side and both back windows, and the annoying part is, i need to lock my fingers in place for a good 2~3 sec until all 3 windows are down
LOL I do that or use 2 hands HAHA
I think the worst part is rolling them up when I'm parking and all 4 are down.

I saw a website with an adapter that gives you one touch windows, I gotta find that again and see what it's all about. I would love to have one touch for all my windows

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
If i'm not mistaken, I remember reading on here that someone added a different switch and made the Driver and Passenger side window Auto. I'm fine with that. My old '02 Pathfinder had auto up and down passenger & driver windows. They were like some sort of godsend.

You would think that for close to $40,000 for the SX you'd get auto windows all around...

·
Registered
2011 sorento sx,2007 suzuki m109
125 Posts
If i'm not mistaken, I remember reading on here that someone added a different switch and made the Driver and Passenger side window Auto. I'm fine with that. My old '02 Pathfinder had auto up and down passenger & driver windows. They were like some sort of godsend.

You would think that for close to $40,000 for the SX you'd get auto windows all around...
i also did that i ordered the same switch and replace the rear switch works great.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8, Saab 9-5, 2012 Sorento SX
44 Posts
KIA has some "interesting" safety features and I think this is one of them. The design, I believe, is based on the assumption that a driver might inadvertently open or (more importantly) close a window without realizing it. The driver's window is designed with auto close/open to avoid forcing the driver to take his/her hand off the wheel more than a moment. The other windows lack the feature to prevent inadvertent activation.

We've had our Sorento for only a few weeks but I'm running into a number of "interesting" features that are difficult to understand. Why, for example, do the outside mirrors rotate down in reverse only if the control switch is set to the left or right? Wouldn't it make more sense to activate the feature with the switch in the middle?

Even more bizarre is the fact that locking the windows by the driver locks the driver's window, too. I'm accustomed to having an enable/disable feature for the windows in the car but I fail to see the purpose of it disabling the driver's window since it means you have to enable all the windows, move the driver's window up or down, and then disable the windows again just to raise or lower the driver's window.

Love the car but it's quirky.

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
i completely agree with you in regards to how the folding mirrors should work

as well with the window's lock mechanism

whom ever configure those features, they didn't quite put much though into it.

there are all these little things, that are just NOT LOGICAL

i really like Sorento, but all these little quirks makes the entire vehicle a lot less desirable

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
Also, why aren't the window lock, power locks and mirror controls illuminated? I dont care too much about the window locks or mirror controls but comeon...the Locks NEED to be illuminated. Same story goes for my 2010 Sonata....none of it is illuminated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts