Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Carens 3 YM14
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my 7 month Cee'd SW radio decided to mess about today. The display went very bright then turned into a series of horizontal and vertical lines that flashed in time with the music.

The distortion is that bad that the screen options are not visible. The distortion is also present on the reversing cam. Anyone else had this and is there a quick fix, short of turning the radio off?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
09 Pro-Ceed 1.4 ZR7
346 Posts
Without wishing to state the obvious, if your car is just 7 months old should your first port of call be your dealer?

Its not something i have heard of before so perhaps an isloated problem rather than a widespread fault?

·
Registered
Kia Ceed
281 Posts
Its much easier for dealer to fix a problem like this than an on line forum.

The quick fix is call your dealer and book it in.

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
My friend Tim has a 2011 pro_ceed, his stereo did something similar a few months ago, he reported to kia dealer, although it was fine again the next day. Did that on & off for a few weeks until his dealer managed to get a replacement, they fitted FoC and it's been fine ever since.

Call Your Dealer - and hope they can get one fast :)

·
Registered
Kia Carens 3 YM14
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the above comments. I was hoping a quick bang on the dash would prevent a dealer visit and the loss of my pride and joy.

(Dubster) 4 hours later and the fault has rectified itself. I have inform my dealer who say they will put it on the service history

·
Registered
863 Posts
Does that mean they'll look at replacing it, or will you have to report it a few more times before they'll want a look?

If/When it happens again, probably worth taking a video of it with your phone to show dealership, whilst parked up safe n sound of course, not when doing 85 across a red level crossing :lol:

·
Registered
Kia pro ceed 3 2013
271 Posts
Does that mean they'll look at replacing it, or will you have to report it a few more times before they'll want a look?

If/When it happens again, probably worth taking a video of it with your phone to show dealership, whilst parked up safe n sound of course, not when doing 85 across a red level crossing :lol:
I have just imagined Kia service chiefs all over the country having customers now arriving phone or pictures in hand and asking for satisfaction. Thanks for the idea, and the humour dubster.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Think your post conjures up stranger images than mine john !! ;) *chuckling*
Glad to put a smile on ya face mate, have a jolly weekend.

·
Registered
Kia Ceed
281 Posts
I have inform my dealer who say they will put it on the service history
Reminds me of the 1980's, Dad had a Rover and the doors started to rust where the skins joined the frames. It had a 5 or 6 year corrosion warranty and since it was less than 3 years old he took it to the dealer, they wrote in the service book "rust in door seams" and left it at that.

Your dealer didn't happen to sell Rovers in a previous life?

·
Registered
Kia Carens 3 YM14
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm pleased to report that the radio threw another wobbler and my new one arrives on Tuesday'ish. Like the camera idea for intermittent faults :clap:

·
Registered
863 Posts
That's great news brixmis, not that it's freaked again, but it's gettin replaced so soon :)

·
Registered
Kia Carens 3 YM14
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:D New radio head fitted today with an updated map. Happy days! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts