Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
talking to another sorento owner who also towed a caravan , he had changed from a nissan terano he spoke very highly of sorento which he had for six months and done about 6000 miles but he said that he had to keep check on the oil which he had to top up now and again. from my past experience with my new cars i didnt need to put any oil in it would be changed when serviced. is this common for sorentos to use oil and need topping up regular.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I decided to change oil at every 7,500km, not 15,000 as recommended.

On the first change the oil was at minimum level, so I guess you can say it needs some top up.

For a Diesel engine it’s normal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Had mine since Nov 04 current mileage is 6.6k and have just completed a towing holiday from Norfolk to the top of Scotland(durness) clocked up about 2000 miles in total and have not used any oil that I have noticed or felt the need to replace.

All I can say is "what a great tow car" Sat happily on the motorways at 65-70mph very stable and in control of a caravan(1.5t) that scared the death out of me on the back of my previous car. Went up some fairly steep hills without much effort and I can honestly say I am very impressed.

As normal the drawback was the fuel consumption which returned about 22.5mpg but there again towing at that speed what could I expect.

"For the Lexus driver on the M74 who got a severe wobble on and scared himself! Don't try and race with a good tow car, just buy one"

One very happy Sorento owner who highly recommends the 5 speed auto as a tow car

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where about s in norfolk do you come from , iam also from norfolk 5 miles inland from cromer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts