Kia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Sorento SX. Does this car have an oil or service interval warning light and if so how do you re-set it after an oil change?

·
Registered
I now drive a 2020 Ram Bighorn. Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,529 Posts
2012 Sorento SX. Does this car have an oil or service interval warning light and if so how do you re-set it after an oil change?
Have you checked your owners manual?

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spent half an hour going through the manual looking for that and couldn't find anything about it. I looked online and found information about re-setting it for other 2012 Kias and for earlier and later Sorentos but their instrument panels and steering wheels look completely different so I couldn't figure out which buttons (if any) would work.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found similar instructions for 2013-15 Sorento but this 2012 model doesn't seem to have the "MODE button (rectangle icons) on the bottom right of the steering wheel"

Or anywhere else that we can find. In fact, the only Mode buttons appear to be the ones for the HVAC system

·
Registered
Sorento 2012
252 Posts
My 2012 LX does not have a "Oil Service Light".

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. It's odd that they would leave that out on a model that has all of the other "features".

BTW: I ended up writing the date or mileage for the next oil change on a sticker on the top edge of the windshield where it is easy to find.

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,003 Posts
In addition to my service record spreadsheet, I use CarFax to log my maintenance and if you set the daily mileage, your preferred mileage and time interval, it will send you notifications when a service is coming up, when its due, or overdue.

All my vehicles have service notifications but I never see them because my maintenance is done well in advance - I reset them each time I do maintenance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts