Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 sedona
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 05 sedona with a 3.5 has started leaking oil when i take off the oil filler cap the oil pours from the valxe covers. new gaskets. new pcv. kinda lost . still runs great just full of pressure

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,882 Posts
my 05 sedona with a 3.5 has started leaking oil when i take off the oil filler cap the oil pours from the valxe covers. new gaskets. new pcv. kinda lost . still runs great just full of pressure
Must be something wrong with the Positive Crankcase Ventilation PCV system, may the new valve is stuck.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
198 Posts
Agree with ron1004....your positive crankcase ventilation system, or 'foul air system' is plugged someplace. Remember, everytime a piston goes downward in your block it is creating pressure in the crankcase. This pressure needs to go some place. PCV was developed to take care of this, as was bay to bay breathing between cylinder bank pairs. For some reason your system seems to be plugged up......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts