Kia Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
722 Posts
A little anti-seize would pretty much insure they won't get locked in by corrosion or just go stainless. I'm not wasting my Hoppes on nuts and bolts :)

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
A little anti-seize would pretty much insure they won't get locked in by corrosion or just go stainless. I'm not wasting my Hoppes on nuts and bolts :)
Good oils where corrosion may exist are never a waste. Sounds more like you are financially challenged and can't afford the extra $2 per can on a gun oil. Hoppes and Remington oils are considered cheap oil, in the world of gun oils.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,605 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX Turbo AWD (sold)
829 Posts
Good oils where corrosion may exist are never a waste. Sounds more like you are financially challenged and can't afford the extra $2 per can on a gun oil. Hoppes and Remington oils are considered cheap oil, in the world of gun oils.
I think you made a wrong turn on your way over to Guns & Ammo & Cheap Shots.

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
722 Posts
Sorry if I offended you, was just trying to point out that I try and use the right product for the job at hand. I've got a tray in the garage with caliper pin lube, anti-squeal paste, fogging oil, assembly lube, anti-seize, loctite, Kroil and probably ten other products. I was just taught to use the right product for the job, if its available. If all you have is Hoppes, that's fine, I just reserve that for my Krieghoff trap gun.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts