Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
08'KIA SORENTO
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody having issues with oil leaks :(...around the oil pan...got a small one I think...well small so far given the Texas heat :eek:

·
Registered
2009 Sportage, 98 Sportage, 2012 Tata Xenon, 1944 Jeep
515 Posts
Na my pan is still oil tight, it is my cam covers that leak, but they do on all these V6's, so next time I HAVE to tear everything off, like next cam belt I'll replace them then. Until then I'll just put up with the stink!

·
Registered
08'KIA SORENTO
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's really weird......is there is oil on the garage floor...not a lot but looks like drops...but I've been checkin oil regularly regularly...like when I go out in the morning...but the stick is always right on the mark...the oil is NOT TRANNY fluid..either and I've had no issues with that at all...guess maybe take to the car wash n crawl under n spray the pan n frame off n see after that...

·
Registered
2009 Sportage, 98 Sportage, 2012 Tata Xenon, 1944 Jeep
515 Posts
It's not from the from diff seal (where the half shaft goes in) I've had that leak on mine too. Eventually replaced it and fixed the leaks. The cam cover leaks also run down and drip underneath eventually, looking like a sump leak. And although they make a mess, the actual leak is so small that you scarcely notice the oil going down on the dip stick.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,412 Posts
Has the gasket been changed on the drain plug, and is it tight? Oil pans rarely leak on these. I'd look higher, maybe valve covers leaking and running down, or maybe the cap for the oil filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts