Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About how long does your vehicle drip oil after an oil change? I took my Kia Sedona in for an oil change and also to check an oil leak. They said the leak was because an after-market oil filter was used and it didn't fit right. I did get an oil change at one of those places that does them in 10 minutes last time. Now it has been 3 days since my new oil change from Kia and there ares still drips every now and then. TIA.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello,

Lets see if I understand your enquiry.

You had an oil filter & change at a fix & go garage, you then noticed it leaking.

Why did you not take it back to them to fix it or could you?

Some non Kia parts, as long as they are of good quality should be OK remembering you pay for what you get.

You have now taken you vehicle to Kia who have said the reason why it was leaking was the pattern replacement filter was a bad fit.

Kia have now replaced the filter with presumably one of their own and another oil change and it's still leaking, what does that tell you?

Take it back to Kia and insist,without further payment, that they put the problem right. if they tell you it's leaking for another reason insist they reinburse you for the unnessary work carried out.

Hopefully it's something simple as sugested by Clartsonly.

It's absolutely imperative the oil sump O ring/washer is changed when the sump plug is removed this should be done automatically but 10/1 will get you that this is not always the case.
seacam

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by seacam@Jul 12 2005, 01:06 PM
Hello,

Lets see if I understand your enquiry.

You had an oil filter & change at a fix & go garage, you then noticed it leaking.

Why did you not take it back to them to fix it or could you?

Some non Kia parts, as long as they are of good quality should be OK remembering you pay for what you get.

You have now taken you vehicle to Kia who have said the reason why it was leaking was the pattern replacement filter was a bad fit.

Kia have now replaced the filter with presumably one of their own and another oil change and it's still leaking, what does that tell you?

Take it back to Kia and insist,without further payment, that they put the problem right. if they tell you it's leaking for another reason insist they reinburse you for the unnessary work carried out.

Hopefully it's something simple as sugested by Clartsonly.

It's absolutely imperative the oil sump O ring/washer is changed when the sump plug is removed this should be done automatically but 10/1 will get you that this is not always the case.
seacam
Yes, you have it right. They didn't charge me anything to diagnose the oil leak so no money out. It is going back Friday again so they can look at it. I have a trip scheduled for Saturday and hope this gets resolved on Friday. I have written down your suggestions about the ring/washer and stuff. I will ask them for sure. Thanks for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts