Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently discovered oil inside my intake Hose and thorattle body.? Anyone with that problem.? How did you fix it.?

·
Registered
23 Posts
1999 Sportage Same Problem?

I have a 1999 sportage have the same issue, changed the pcv valve still having same issues I will keep you posted if I find a cure?:confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Went to dealer today

Took my car to the dealer today to see if they could figure out where the oil is coming from, They said the oil is coming from bad oil cooler and seals I think I just wasted $ 79.95? What do you think? Now the oil cooler I don’t know enough how this ties into system to say it won’t fix the oil in intake.:confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Found the cure!!!!!

While trying to figure out what was cause the other issues with this car, ended up fixing something for a change. the oil in the intake was coming from the pcv valve even though I changed it it was not a oem kia pcv valve they are calabrated to each vehicle. (as per kia ) I also change the valve cover gasket cleaned out the years of neglect in the cover. changed the vent hose located on the back of valve cover going to intake tube. replaced oil soaked air filter, and so far so good.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oil In Intake Hose

I've recently encountered this same problem. Just curious to know if you had issues starting the vehicle as well. My car turns over but will not start, but seemed to run just fine previously. Just wanted to know if this is a possible cause, or should I look elsewhere.:confused:

·
Registered
340 Posts
ORIFICE there is a orifice in the vacuum hose that runs from the back of the valve cover too the air horn. Replacing the hose with out the orifice may cause the engine to suck in to much oil filled vacuum also causing problems with the idle control solenoid,oil in the air horn and hard starting.
I though this to unusable but both my 2000's have one. Hope this helps.

Good Luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
ORIFICE there is a orifice in the vacuum hose that runs from the back of the valve cover too the air horn. Replacing the hose with out the orifice may cause the engine to suck in to much oil filled vacuum also causing problems with the idle control solenoid,oil in the air horn and hard starting.
I though this to unusable but both my 2000's have one. Hope this helps.

Good Luck
Thanks alot, I'll look out for it when I seek out the replacement hose. I'm not sure how the hose got torn, but it appears someone had bent it back too far. I just hope the car will at least start again, then I can go from there if any other damage may have resulted from torn hose. I'm kinda shooting in the dark because I wasn't the one driving the car when it stopped working, so I'm not sure exactly what took place prior to breaking down. I'm not getting a lot of usable feedback from the person who was driving the car. All I know is the car ran fine before she got it, and all of a sudden 3 weeks later it won't start. I'll see what happens after replacing hose.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oil in Air Intake hose ? N one ....

You may also want to check the spark plugs.They are located in the top of the engine,inside the valve pan........,and sometimes,and,"i have heard of this a lot".the oil from a bad valve pan cover seal can leak oil onto the spark plugs.And the car will not start.
Its a realtivly easy check..ok?
May not help,,but letting you know this can happen.
glen101

1 - 8 of 8 Posts