Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sportage EX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the part number to the cover for the oil filter? I seem to have lost it on the highway. Should I replace it or leave it off? Can't be that much drag can it?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
I don't know the part# off hand but I'll look it up and post. I went in for a scheduled oil change and the dealer/service person forgot to put it back on. And then they lost it :(

So, they replaced it and I should have the work order. If it's on there I'll post the info.

And yes, I'd say you need it. I feared a rock would skip up while driving and puncture the filter. Guess what happens next? Your car bleeds to death! Hehe. Not good...

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage EX AWD
31 Posts
I was washing my sportage today and I always make a few swipes on that lower plastic cover under the front bumber. I felt a big hole and got down to look and noticed that little cap under the oil filter was missing. I just had my oil changed last week so I'm pretty sure the dealership forgot to put it back on. It was there the last time I washed my car a few weeks ago. I'm gonna call them tomorrow and see what they say about replacing it. It never fails, I notice the weird little insignificant things and they bug the crap outta me until I fix it. I'm sure the dealership will think I'm nit picking but my car is only 1 year old and they are the ones that lost it! Most people probably wouldn't have even known that was there, let alone noticed it's missing.... :mellow:

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage EX AWD
31 Posts
Went to the dealership and explained to them I noticed the cap was missing. They offered to order a new one at no cost to me, no questions asked. They called me a few days later and said they found it sitting on a work table. All's well that ends well! I really love my Lithia Kia Dealership!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage AWD 2.0L
33 Posts
i lost the one on mine also, so knowing the appropriate info to order it would be appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.