Kia Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sephia 2000
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[I had my 2000 KIa sephia engine replacement with a used engine last May 2018. When I went to a shop for an oil change and lube just last week for the first time, the oil dipstick that measures the level of oil did not showed up after new oil was put it. The oil specifications called for 4.5 quarts of motor oil and should have registered full on the dipstick. I asked the mechanic if the old oil was dirty and said no. Where there any oil leaks around the engine area and again he said no. It turns out the oil dipstick is short in its overall length about 1 inch in length which is why there is no measurement of the oil level on the dipstick. So I went to advance auto and got an universal dipstick which has a locking mechanism to adjust the oil level measurement on the oil dipstick. The problem is this universal dipstick is too wide and very tight to go in the oil dipstick tube and not be able to get a true reading or measurement of the oil level. I tried to look up an oil dipstick online and find out exactly what is the length of the dipstick should be. No actual length of the dipstick is available. Does anybody out there have this problem? Can anyone out there take the time to measure the length of the oil dipstick from bottom to the top of the oil dipstick and respond back to this forum? Any comments, feedback, or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks to all for reading this post.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts