Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Spectra
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

Ok, so I'm browsing here and there (Kiaforum, Kiaspeed, etc.) and several times I've seen references to custom oil catch cans. What the heck is that and do I have one on my 05 Spectra. From the name alone one would assume you have a serious problem if you need one. Help me out here.
Thanks,
Buc'

By the way, I finally got a couple of pics in the garage, let me know what you think and maybe make some suggestions on modifications, you guys are full of ideas.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
Oil Catch cans catches the oil and moisture in the blow-by gas that causes carbon and sludge build-up in the intake system and the engine. It keeps the engine clean even under hard driving conditions
Oil catch can is used to reduce the oil vapours from going into the air intake charge. The oil vapours will contaminate the intake charge by mixing with the air and fuel that are used to create combustion. This catch can would reduce burn efficiency and decrease detonation risk in both turbo or Non turbo cars

·
Registered
2005 Kia Spectra
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. Anybody running one of these and are they worth the trouble/investment ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts