Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Soul+, Kia Sportage SX FWD
472 Posts
Yes people steal wheels. Off any car. Why not just put them on for an extra measure of protection? They are worth $20-30 bucks (ebay) if you can find someone interested. Just remember that the factory 16" wheels on a Soul plus are rather expensive to replace....

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,422 Posts
Wheel locks stop the "kids" that might want to steel your wheels and tires! If a "pro wants them he WILL get them. I would put them on, you already have them.
New wheel....$250.00
New tire.......$125.00
Center cap...$25.00
Tire presure sensor $75.00
Times all that, bye 4!!!
Easy decision!!!

·
Registered
2012 Soul + automatic
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just realized my wheels already have the locks on them. I have two sets of wheel locks.

Is there a key that comes with them? Should the dealership given me the key?

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,422 Posts
The key should be in your car. Look where the spare tire should be (2012,s from the USA don't came with them any longer). Might be in the console or the glove box. The dealership dosn't have your key any longer.

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
8,515 Posts
Just realized my wheels already have the locks on them. I have two sets of wheel locks.

Is there a key that comes with them? Should the dealership given me the key?
you won't get your wheels off without it :D

·
Registered
Mineral Silver 2015 Kia Sportage SX-TURBO!
74 Posts
Sometimes they leave the Key in the package, with the Lug Nuts that were pulled off for the Wheel Locks. The Key should be in the center of the package. It'll have a STAR type of a design on it. They're usually "Gorilla Locks", and you can order a Spare Key from the Company, using the Lock Code on your Package. Costs about $10 or so.

I removed mine when I got my Soul, and replaced all of my Lugs with Black Spline Locking Lugs, which come with their own Key as well. Instead of having One Lock per Wheel, I now have Five.

Cheers!

BB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts