Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Soul Ignition SE
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has bought and installed the OEM aluminum step bars with the black rubber dots that cost $495 on the 2013 models? I've seen them on eBay from Korea for around $500 but can you buy them from any dealer? Is the install difficult? They look amazing, and imho much better than any of the other aftermarket less expensive non OEM ones - especially with the roof cross bars also installed.

·
Registered
2013 Kis Sportage LX
18 Posts
I have the roof cross bars and hate them 'cause they stand so tall. I wish they would sit lower. After I took them off, I gained nearly 2 mpg's on my average gallon and I couldn't be more pleased. I agree with you though on the siderails..they look good and much better than NERF ones.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
I bought mine from Korea, the instructions were also in Korean but included detailed diagrams. According to the tech at the garage where I had them installed, they were quite easy to install, similar to side skirts (some drilling and some bolts). Search this section of the forum, I think Junrider posted a walkthrough on the installation of the sidesteps.

Found it, I thought it was a thread but it was actually just a post in an existing thread: http://www.kia-forums.com/369154-post20.html

As an added bonus, since they are installed like side skirts the vehicle can be put up on a hoist unlike vehicles with tube side steps (that is according to the dealership).

I don't know if they are available in the North American market.

·
Registered
2010 Soul Ignition SE
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the link. I saw some at a Las Vegas area KIA dealer on at least three different 2013 Sportages yesterday and all appear on the window sticker as 'side step bars' at $495. Based on this fact they have to be available from the parts department. I'll try to do some checking on part numbers and installation estimates.

They would make cleaning the top of the vehicle much easier - especially for those with panoramic roofs and unlike others I have seen they look very integrated into the body (not too gaudy or protruding too much).

·
Registered
2010 Soul Ignition SE
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok, here's the skinny:
Genuine Kia Accessories 3WF37-AQ011 Side Step for Kia Sportage
A dealer selling via Amazon has them for $419.50 plus $1.50 shipping

Genuine Kia Accessories 3WF37-AQ011 Side Step for Kia Sportage : Amazon.com : Automotive

KIA Depot in Orange County CA who are online as KIACARPARTS.NET sells them for $401.80 (didn't get a shipping quote) and their service department said $260 to install. Of course their hourly labor rate is probably one of the highest in the country.

Doing more searching, here they are for $370.50 (plus 29.25 shipping).
http://www.kiapartsoverstock.com/p/__/SIDE-STEP/7156029/3WF37AQ011.html

Here is a former thread here about them I found after knowing the part number:
http://www.kia-forums.com/3g-2011-sportage/74187-euro-running-boards-best-price-3.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts