Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can any 4 bolt pattern bolt-on hubcap fit? I have a 2004 Cerato EX. Does it have to be Kia OEM?

I'm talking about the bolt-on hubcaps that go on 15" steelies with 4 bolt pattern. The ones where you use the actual lugnuts to fasten them to the wheel.

koraps.com has them for $22 each+shipping. I've seen some on ebay for at least that much but used.

(Want to avoid the aftermarket ones with the retention wire or that snap on ... just a matter of time for one to fall off.)

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
Can any 4 bolt pattern bolt-on hubcap fit? I have a 2004 Cerato EX. Does it have to be Kia OEM?

I'm talking about the bolt-on hubcaps that go on 15" steelies with 4 bolt pattern. The ones where you use the actual lugnuts to fasten them to the wheel.

koraps.com has them for $22 each+shipping. I've seen some on ebay for at least that much but used.

(Want to avoid the aftermarket ones with the retention wire or that snap on ... just a matter of time for one to fall off.)
As long as the lug spacing is correct, there is no reason they won't work. Most 4 lug cars I've seen were pretty standard (4x100mm I think). I was able to trade spare tires with my friends '01 Civic and my '99 Sephia, which uses the same spacing as my wifes '08 Spectra.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Make sure the lug nuts will tighten properly onto the wheel without the plastic hub caps getting in the way; you don't want any plastic between the lug nut and the bearing surface of the wheel. The lug nuts are designed to do this, provided there's enough clearance in the hub cap.

Unless the hub caps are badly damaged, you can easily revive them by removing "kerb rash" with emery paper and respraying with silver paint. It works surprisingly well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts