Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ladies and gentlemen.

I have a set of genesis coupe wheels coming to me soon and I thought I would go ahead and sell my stock 18" wheels, tires and TPMS all together for a forum member here that is looking for an upgrade to OEM 18s.

Wheels : They're plasti dipped black right now but they can be peeled off if you want. Only one of the wheels has a curb rash and you'll see it in the picture. That is the only wheel that has it. The other three are very clean.

Tires : They are Yokohama YK580 and more information can be found here (http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/ti...2647326!1396715731?r=SCGINT|pc|29617&pc=43764). I purchased a full set of these a few months back to replace the stock hankooks. I ran them for about 17-18,000 miles if I remember correctly and all of them are sitting around 7/32nd depth, which still has a lot of rubber left. I paid about $900 just for the tires.

Now, I'll be only dealing with someone who is either local to me or willing to meet me somewhere close. I'll only meet at a discount tire shop because then I can give you my rims while my car is on the lift and I can use that money to put on new tires for my new wheels. I'm always around Greensboro/Charlotte area in North Carolina.

The asking price for all of them together is $900 and I'll only sell them as a package, not separately. If you have any questions, please send me an e-mail to [email protected] or a pm on optimaforums.com if you're a member there as that's the main forum I use.

Click this link for photos : [FS] : Full set 18" Touring rims with tires and TPMS

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Just wondering if casual browsers might think that you are selling the dreaded Pizza Wheels rather than the more conservative wheels shown?

My experience is that you have to just about give away surplus wheels and tyres. Wheels are a matter of taste, and the value of used tyres relies completely on their history. I fitted a pair of partly used tyres to our Cerato; I know that they've never been damaged and have always been run at the correct pressure, but to anyone else, they would have been worthless.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wondering if casual browsers might think that you are selling the dreaded Pizza Wheels rather than the more conservative wheels shown?

My experience is that you have to just about give away surplus wheels and tyres. Wheels are a matter of taste, and the value of used tyres relies completely on their history. I fitted a pair of partly used tyres to our Cerato; I know that they've never been damaged and have always been run at the correct pressure, but to anyone else, they would have been worthless.
Hi. I have no idea to be honest.. And for some reason, this entire forum seems kind of dead as there isn't that much activities going on.

I'm actually one of those guys that know about tires. I've always ran them at 40psi and I usually check the pressure once a month and check the tires overall almost every day. I also rotate my tires on my own so that I get the best wear overall equally on all side :D

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Hi. I have no idea to be honest.. And for some reason, this entire forum seems kind of dead as there isn't that much activities going on.
Good luck with your sale. The forum is fairly active, but you will find that buyers of wheels/tyres are few and far between. Sometimes people are looking for a single replacement wheel, but not a full set.

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,967 Posts
well the tires have 18000 miles on them and one of the wheels has road rash your asking price might be a little high and as mentioned by Wry'Cuda sometimes buyers are looking for a replacement wheel but good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the tires have 18000 miles on them and one of the wheels has road rash your asking price might be a little high and as mentioned by Wry'Cuda sometimes buyers are looking for a replacement wheel but good luck with your sale.
So 18" wheels with tires AND tpms at 750 is high even though the tires are still at 7/32? Wow...

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,591 Posts
Price is reduced to 850 shipped.
So you started at?? Then went down to 800 then went down to 750. Now went down/up to 850 again????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts