Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone here (in the US - primarily on the east coast) have the stock aluminum alloy rims that come standard on the LX/EX V6? If you've recently upgraded your rims to aftermarket and don't need/want your OEMs then please let me know. I would like to upgrade the stock steel rims but keep the OEM look. Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Check ebay out from time to time. You might get lucky like me when I was looking for a set of 4 steel wheels for my Sorento. (Going to mount snow tires on them) It took a couple of months but I came across a set of 4 and bought them right away.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Stock steel wheels. They will make a good winter rim. Here is a pic.
[attachmentid=466]
I will keep my eye out for a set of rims for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kool.. thanks! But I think I'm going to pass on those.. I mean $650??? :blink: are you kidding me .. for OEM's? OMG.. I can get aftermarket for the same price.. brand new! =P thanks anyways Sorento.. I know you were looking out! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
No problem at all. Just came accross them and thought I would send it your way. I too think that price is a little steep. When I decide what aftermarket wheels I want it will probably cost about that price.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
True, but I've actually had someone email me with an offer (hopefully it's true) he has a set of 17" 4 Bolt Universial rims, Aluminum brushed (awesome look'n) for $150 obo - BUT I'm not sure it's for each rim or for the set. I'm emailing him to find out! Man if it's for the set.. then it's SOLD! :p

We'll see what he says.. come on set! come on.. gotta be for the set! :57:

Here's what they look like!

Close up to one of the rims

The set that he wants to sell to me:

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Nice! :thumbsup:
I was looking at a set of wheels like that not too long ago for the Optima but they were 15" wheels becasue I want to keep my 15" tires for them.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by 04Sorento@Jun 22 2005, 05:54 PM
Nice! :thumbsup:
I was looking at a set of wheels like that not too long ago for the Optima but they were 15" wheels becasue I want to keep my 15" tires for them.
Heh I hear ya on that.. but remember, if you want better handling you should Plus 1 or Plus 2 the rims and get some low profile tires for them, I mean don't get me wrong, 15" is good for OEM standards, but if you want a more aggressive look and better handling then you should get 17" rims (anything larger than that is just TOO much!) .. and some Anti-Roll and Sway bars don't hurt as well.. LOL ;)

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by 04Sorento@Jun 24 2005, 04:47 PM
Now that you bring that up I want either 16" or 17". lol
Time to save up more $$! :haha:
LOL W3RD! :p
You get your 17" Enkei Rims and spend $1000 LOL j/k.. naw you don't need to spend that much.. well (thinks) actually you might hmm I would check out tirerack and see what they have as of packages. I've done that and found like 5 different rims that I like.. one of them is on clearance as we speak.. 17" for $109/rim + Tires.. I think it'll be around $600-$700 (dunno how much for shipping). Man I wish I was making more money.. so I could get some rims! :grin:

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
*sighs* man.. finally got an email from that guy who wanted to sell me those rims.. turns out that not only did his computer crashed on him and he could get back to me, but his pops sold the damn rims at a yard sale.. talk about crappy luck! :angry:
NEWayz, it's all good.. to me it means that the car is not ready for rims as of yet. It'll take time.. besides.. we just moved (btw) into our new home and now ALL the money has been tied up.. so I won't be spending any more cash on the car unless it's needed.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL.. thanks man! I guess that's a better deal.. he did offer me some other rims.. but they were ugly! LOL.. and didn't fix to boot.. newayz, I'll get some later on.. cuz we gotsta looks good in our whips! :grin:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts