Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Rio LX 2012 Soul+ 2.o
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I have my blower running without the AC engaged there is almost what I would call a Chemmy smell. As far as I can tell this has been there since day 1. Of course I bought the car in November and I live in Nor-Cal so I perhaps didn't really run the fan much right away. Anyways, am I the only one or can anyone offer advice on remedy? I assume there is an internal cabin filter somewhere . . . perhaps that could be scented, cleaned or replaced. I keep my interior exceptionally clean and don't let the kids eat in the car so I am at a loss. I thought maybe off-gassing from something in the system but it doesn't seem to diminish in time.

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
8,513 Posts
the cabin filter is behind the glovebox just like on your Soul. Should be checked once a year and replaced if required. Also if you use a/c a lot, always shut it down shortly before you park the car, gets fresh air through and helps dry out any excess condensation which can cause mould if used enough.

·
Registered
2014 Abyss Blue Kia Forte EX Sedan
180 Posts
Start with the filter but I have had issues like this with other cars. Run your fan on high and spray Lysol into the intake vent outside at the bottom of the windsheild. This will help kill any bacteria that may have sprouted in the system.

·
Registered
2012 Rio LX 2012 Soul+ 2.o
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both I will implement both . . . it is not horribly acrid and does not remain for but a second, but it's my Rio . . gotta take care. I was thinking about getting a little air freshener of some sort, but my wife says it all gives her a headache . . mey have to seek out hippie organic for that one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts